Re: A bunch of questions about getting a working NetBSD/xen system

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Steven Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost>
wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> Steven Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> writes:
>>
>>> I've thought about running a Linux DOM0 and NetBSD DOMUs, but
>>> mainstream Linux seems to be abandoning Xen, so I'd have to run a back
>>> release.
>>
>> Wow, that's interesting.  Does that imply that mainstream Xen is looking
>> more at NetBSD, or is it just that "distros" no longer have Xen support?
>
> I'm told they're going towards KVM instead.

Although openSUSE / Novell SLES are still currently supporting Xen.
But the attitude towards KVM makes me glad I decided to use NetBSD for
my dom0.

I think the biggest reason for the KVM push is the NIH syndrome very
much present in that community.

Keep in mind while NetBSD doesn't support SMP under Xen, a NetBSD dom0
CAN run non-NetBSD SMP guests!

-Dustin