Re: Ubuntu 9.09 domu under NetBSDXen

On 12/31/09 00:10, John Hayward wrote:
Dear NetBSD Xen People,
I am trying to build a Ubuntu 9.09 DomU for runing on NetBSD Dom0. I
have an older version of Ubuntu running as DomU. I would like to use the
current kernel vmlinuz-2.6.31-16. I could not find
vmlinuz-2.6.31-16-xen kernel on the web - the vmlinuz-2.6.31-16-gernic
one which comes with Ubuntu aparently does no have the necessary modules
to run as domU.
Are there vmlinuz-2.6.31-16-xen kernels available?
Do I need to build a kernel from source and specify xen domu options?

IIRC, vanilla 2.6.31 has basic support for domU, so recompilation from sources might get you what you need.

Are there other apporaches which are recommended?

Try kernels/images found on www.stacklet.com

(unless you don't like using images coming from "untrusted" third parties)

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost