Re: NetBSD 5.99.22 Dom0 + xentools33 + pci export + linux domu

On 12/22/09 15:01, Juraj Hercek wrote:
Real troubles started when I shutdown linux domu. My network interface
in dom0 started to get watchdog timeouts and I experienced a crash once.
"xm list" showed an "Domain-Unnamed" in "--ps--" state. The unnamed
domain couldn't be killed with "xm destroy". Only reboot helped to get
rid of it.

Any enlightenment idea what goes wrong during domu shutdown?

Never looked in details for PCI passthru, but is it really safe to shutdown the "PCI privileged" domain once the associated device has been set up? I am not so sure that domU will play nice during shutdown.

Could you please post your dmesg when booting without enabling the PCI passthru? Thanks

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost