NetBSD domU and the real server

Hi folks,

I have stumbled across something that is new to me with NetBSD.

I have setup domUs with NetBSD5 on two dual Pentium III servers with Debian5 dom0. When I copy them to a single Xeon 2.8 GHz machine running a Debian5 dom0 and run them there, they dom0 kernel crashes within a few hours; that is reliably reproducable.

When I setup new NetBSD5 domUs on the Xeon machine and run them, the Debian5 dom0 runs fine.

I do not have the same problem with Debian5 domUs on these servers; I have setup several on the Pentium III servers and run them on the Xeon machine without such a problem.

Does the NetBSD installer configure the domU for a certain hardware? Do I have to template domUs for every major intel architecture? And if yes, does that depend only on the processor(s) or the chip sets as well? Or is it just a problem when transferring the domU from a multi processor to a single processor system?

Any hint or help is appreciated?

Dirk