Re: xenU install fails on newfs.

# Set root device. This one does matter for NetBSD
#root = "/dev/wd0a"
#below for run
root = "xbd0a"
#below for install
#root = "xbd1d"
I copied over a NetBSD install image to my system and tried following
your example.  It did work just like you said.  Below is the disk line I
used.
disk = [ 'file:/home/glen/img/netbsd.img,0x1,w',
'file:/home/glen/img/i386cd-5.0.1.iso,0x2,r' ]

So the template I followed from you was:
disk = [ 'file:/path/to/image/filename.img,0x1,w',
'file:/path/to/install/image/install.img,0x2,r' ]

I am still trying to do this using the install cd so I can install other
OSes.  Currently I have:
disk = [ 'file:/path/to/image/filename.img,0x1,w', 'phy:/dev/cd0a,0x2,r' ]
I keep seeing this "xbd IO domain 2: error 22" message.  I am not sure
exactly what to do with this.
Did you set for install
root = "xbd1d"

so it boots off of the cd?

Also I'm not sure if you want /dev/cd0a or /dev/cd0d in the diskline
if you have /dev/cd0a you may want to use root as:
root = "xbd1a"

In my distant memory I think I had trouble with the a partition not being
the full contents of the CD so you might try working with the d partition.

johnh...