Re: Intel/AMD Speedstep/PowerNow support

Joel Carnat wrote:
I have installed netbsd-5/amd64 and xen 3.3.1 (from NetBSD-daily).
I have patched my sys-sources and recompiled the XEN3_DOM0 kernel.

The kernel boots fines and recognises the speedstep values.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to change it at all.

Various output informations are stored here:
http://www.tumfatig.net/dmesg/Dell%20XPS%20M1330/NetBSD%205.0_STABLE/

The file named SYSCTL.TEST.TXT shows what I tried to use speedstep.

Ready for more testing :-)

You must pass "cpufreq=dom0-kernel" as an option to Xen, not NetBSD:

menu=Boot Xen:load /netbsd-xen0 console=pc;multiboot /usr/pkg/xen3-kernel/xen.gz dom0_mem=1024M cpufreq=dom0-kernel

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost