Re: Dom0 (NetBSD) / DomU (Linux) - PCI Access

Hi.

> title Xen 3.3 / NetBSD (hda0, vga)
> root            (hd0,1)
> kernel         (hd0,1,f)/xen dom0_mem=1800M
> module (hd0,1,f)/netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 bootdev=wd0f ro console=tty0
pciback.hide=(03:00.0)

I think the Xentools33 doesn't support pci-passthrough.

> I rebooted into the Dom0 and I was unable to use the PCI device (as
expected). Afterwards I added following to my xen-domain file:
> ------
> pci = ['0000:03:00:0']

Because the setting is wrong, it is disregarded.
The correct setting is as follows.

pci = ['0000:03:00.0']
                  ~

However, it doesn't start at this setting.
Because the patch of pci.py is not exist.

If you want to use PCI-passthrough, it is necessary to use xen3(xenkernel3
/ xentools3)
Otherwise, you should write the patch to pci.py.