Re: trouble with routing on dom0

  I mean a dom0 with rtk0, and nfe0.

ok

  I want rtk0 to act as a gateway. I already have a domU on bridge1,
  which is attached to nfe0. Pings fine but can't reach 192.168.1.100.
  The problem I mentioned above occurs during my attempt to make
  outbound traffic coming to 10.0.0.1, route to 192.168.1.100

  Make sense?

No, this does not make sense.  Interfaces are not gateways.  You have
not explained what prefix exists on each physical Ethernet, and which
prefix you are going to configure on the virtual ethernet that has only
xvifN.0 and xennet0.

This is not really a xen problem.  Imagine you have two physical
computers, with one having your existing rtk0 and nfe0.  Then assume it
also has a foo0.  On your second computer, assume you only have foo0.
Further assume there is a hub with a cable from each foo0 interface, and
that you can't do anything different with the wiring of the foo0
interfaces.  That's the way it is, except the foo0 stuff is virtual.

So there are two basic approaches for a domU to talk to the outside
world.  One is to bridge, and the other to route.  You've said that you
are bridging between a domU and nfe0.  So that domU should have an IP
address that belongs on the prefix assigned to the Ethernet to which
nfe0 is connected.  It should be able to send/receive IP packets from
other hosts on that Ethernet, and if you have configured a default route
(just like any other computer) it should be able to interoperate more
broadly.  It shouldn't have any special access to the Ethernet rtk0 is
on that's different from any other host on the Ethernet nfe0 is on.

If you want more help, you'll have to provide the specific details of
what is cofigured on each interface, what the planned prefix is for each
Ethernet segment, exactly what tests you have run, and which test is not
behaving as you think it should.  It's fairly likely you are doing
something odd or incorrect that is not obvious from your summary
description.  Statements like "pings fine" don't really mean anything.