Re: Running OpenBSD/amd64 as HVM domU.

Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Christoph Egger wrote:
>
>> Anders Magnusson wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have installed OpenBSD as a HVM domU, and it seems to run just fine
>>> except for the network.
>>> I have no idea about what can be wrong; any hints?  The dom0 runs NetBSD
>>> 5 stable + xen 3.3 from latest pkgsrc.
>>>
>>> - neither re or rl works as interfaces, they get "transmission timeout".
>>> - pcn hangs on transmit when sending large packets.
>>> - ne fails to send certain blocks (they just seems to be discarded), but
>>> works otherwise.
>>>
>>> Lowering mtu do not help.
>>>
>>> Any hints?  Is this just because of bad interaction between xen and the
>>> openbsd drivers?
>>>

>> Does the e1000 nic work ?
>>

> About as good (bad?) as ne.  Fails on certain blocks.

I just did a test with Ubuntu as a HVM domU, and I got the same result
except for that the rtl8139 emulation worked
and seems to run just fine :-)
So it seems as there is a deeper problem when it comes to the ne driver
(and probably the others).

Is this something in NetBSD or is it xen only?

-- Ragge