Re: connecting domU and dom0 by bridging

On Friday 26 June 2009 12:53:07 Goran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanna connect one or more domUs AND dom0 by bridging. As I see, NetBSD
> bridges can't have an IP address. So, what's the most appropriate way to
> connect a dom0 bridge with it's dom0?
>
> E.g. two Linux domU's, one bridge and one NetBSD dom0:
>
> domU_a eth0 <-> dom0 tap0 <->
>                               dom0 bridge0 <-> dom0 ???
> domU_b eth0 <-> dom0 tap1 <->

First create the bridge in NetBSD:

    ifconfig bridge0 create

Then add the physical interface to the bridge:

   brconfig bridge0 add <if> up

where <if> is your physical interface.

In order to have this persistent across reboots, do

   echo "create" > /etc/ifconfig.bridge0
   echo "!brconfig $int add <if> up" >> /etc/ifconfig.bridge0

In the guest config file add
"bridge=bridge0" in the vif line.

Christoph