Re: Should xen3 dom0 work on -current/amd64 ?

Hi Manuel!

Sorry for the delayed response, had to wait for an occasion to take
screen shots with my camera (due to lack of serial console on modern
mainboards).

    >> After several weeks I tried to re-run my old working xen3
    >> config on my amd64 machine running actual -current kernel and
    >> userland, but it fails now!:
    >>
    >> 1. /boot is no longer capable to (multi)boot the xen3 kernel. I
    >>    only
    >> see lots of:
    >>   "exit"
    >> messages and no further proceeding.

Fiddling with 'Pause' key yield:

  http://nice.afraid.org/multiboot-xen-prob/DSCF2452.PNG

So, I've created/copied '/ffs/ffs.kmod' and got

  http://nice.afraid.org/multiboot-xen-prob/DSCF2453.PNG

Somehow '/boot' seems to have lost its multiboot capability
(send-pr?).

    >> So I took a netbsd-5 RC's /boot instead, so the xen3 kernels
    >> (multi)boots again. But:
    >>
    >> 2. netbsd dom0 kernel panics somewhere after mounting /
    >>    (wapbl/log mounted).

    Manuel> what is the panic ?

The panic is:

  http://nice.afraid.org/multiboot-xen-prob/DSCF2450.PNG