Re: "Hotplug scripts not working" when starting domU

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 11:50:25AM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> >Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try?
>
> Do what der Mouse said.
>
> I would also suggest to comment out the vif line first, and see if you
> can boot a domU successfully with a block device alone.
>
> If not, the last output of dmesg and /var/log/xenbackkendd would be
> helpful, or:
>
> # /etc/rc.d/xenbackendd stop
> # xenbackendd -d

d'oh!  I completely missed the bit about xenbackendd in the instructions, and
 I had only started xend.  With xenbackendd running, I get a bit farther, but
 I'm still seeing some errors about unable to find /local/domain/0/... not
 found.  Then when I tried to kill all the xen proceses because things seemed
to be hanging, I got a panic.  oops.

Anyway, I seem to have managed to get it working with just the disk device, so
 I'm on figuring how to get the vif line working.

eric