Re: how to get ip addresses of all the virtual machine in xen server

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 08:38:27PM -0800, ramailango wrote:

> I have the server virtualized by xen.i created 10 virtual machines in the
> server.
> now i am power up 5 virtual machines only.i want to find ip addresses of all
> the power up virtual machines
> from server.
> how to find it?

There's no easy way to know it, other than doing a network scan.
A virtual machine has it own, intependant network start and is no different
than 2 physical boxes connected to an ethernet switch.
A virtual machine could be configured to have no IP address, or several.
It only depends on how the OS of the virtual machine has been configured.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost