SEMVMX apparently too low after domu kernel update

spike# uname -a
NetBSD spike.internal 5.99.7 NetBSD 5.99.7 (XEN3_DOMU) #1: Thu Feb 5 11:27:19 EST 2009 root%gogeta.internal@localhost:/mnt/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/obj/XEN3_DOMU amd64

After updating a domu kernel just recently (from .5 to .7), outside of all the other issues I've had that you may be aware of :) ... postgresql is failing to start giving the message:

FATAL:  semctl(65536, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Result too large or too small
HINT: You possibly need to raise your kernel's SEMVMX value to be at least 536. Look into the PostgreSQL documentation for details.

Although I don't believe I should have to alter any of these values to get it to function, I've tried to accommodate postgresql but no change seems to allow it to function. Raising one limit produces another error, raising that limit produces the original error ... rinse/repeat.

Is this one of those recompile scenarios or has something actually been lowered and is preventing pgsql from starting?

Thanks for any info,

Sarton