Re: Xen2 removal: now or later

Stephen Borrill wrote:

> I think given that "NetBSD supports PCI passthrough with Xen 2 but not
> with Xen 3", then option a) must be taken.

Why do you think, -current can't live a short time period w/o any PCI
passthrough support? This fact just can give someone a motivation
to do the work sooner than later :)

>>> It would be good if HEAD and netbsd-5 didn't diverge too quickly,
>>> though.
>>
>> So you're argumenting for wait a little - point b) from above, right?
>
> I don't see why it's a choice between a) _OR_ b) as long as PCI
> passthrough is pulled up to netbsd-5

This pullup can happen anytime to netbsd-5 independent if Xen 2 support
has been removed in -current or not.

Further, I do NOT have a Xen 2 test machine. The stuff I'm working on is
Xen 3 only. I can and I do only compile testing for Xen 2. For patches
which may have broken Xen 2 *before* branching netbsd-5, I asked bouyer
for the ok to commit since he can actually runtest on Xen 2.

If I break Xen 2 now, my fix for Xen 2 is to remove it. I have a
ready-to-commit patch to do it now:
http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/rm_xen2.diff

Christoph