cannot set up LDT for thread-local storage

Dear Xen people,
   I have amd64 dom0 - xen 3.3 current as of about 9/27.
I have created two i386 domu - one NetBSD-4.0 and one NetBSD-4.99 both
using netbsd-XEN3PAE_DOMU from 4.99 as of about 9/27 - both domu installed
fine.
I have installed a firefox-bin-3.0.2 binary package or build from pkgsrc - it seems to install fine. When I run I get:

cannot set up thread-local storage: cannot set up LDT for thread-local storage

   Is this a limitation of NetBSD linux emulation under Xen domu?

There seems to be some mention in xen 3.0 documentation about disableling
/lib/tls by mv tls to tls.disable.  I've done this in the /emul/linux/lib
directory - did a make clean, make and make install and still have the
same problem.

   I was able to build firefox-3.0.2 under NetBSD-4.99 and run.

Is there a way to get firefox3-bin (and various helper projects) built so they run under domu i386?

johnh...