Re: Error report from attempt to run an HVM instance

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:43:01AM -0700, Michael Litchard wrote:
> okay the instance is created
>
> # /usr/pkg/sbin/xm list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0  1024     1     r-----     57.3
> hvm-netbsd                                   1   256     1     r-----    237.2
>
> but when I did a xm create -c I got this error, and again when I tried
> to attach to the console
> # /usr/pkg/sbin/xm console hvm-netbsd
> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

This is not the way you connect to a HVM console, unless you configured
the HVM guest to use a serial console. By default it's the HVM's virtual
framebuffer.

The virtual framebuffer can be displayed in 2 ways, depending on the config
file:
1) using the SDL library. qemu-dm will  open a X window on the $DISPLAY
   from which xm create was run. If $DISPLAY isn't valid, I think the
   guest will start without console display.
2) qemu-dm act as a vnc server. You connect to the console using vncviewer
   on localhost. As you only have one guest, I guess it''ll be
   vncviewer localhost:0