Re: xbd2 is not created during installation

Michael Dexter wrote:
However, a device is not created by the installer for use with installation or on the
system it is installing to. 'cd /dev && sh MAKEDEV xbd2' solves this problem
but is this normal sysinst behavior?
I am not sure that sysinst handles the creation of such devices, dynamically (either by looking at dmesg or currently attached devices).

xbd0 and xbd1 are created by MAKEDEV for init, but not xbd2. IMO issuing the ./MAKEDEV xbd2 is the only way, for now (devfs may perhaps change the deal here, I do not know).

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost