Re: Xen on NetBSD 4.0-RELEASE and Windows HVM

Dinesh Nadarajah wrote:
> 3. Are there any (preferred) long term virtualization solution for
> NetBSD (like KVM for linux) [My admin wants to move all Unix to Linux
> with KVM]

Note amd64's domU (current) works great on RHEL 5.1.  But Redhat itself
ie heading KVM, indeed, for the futur, while Novell is soon going for
its own XEN.  (I wonder who's gonna use real xensource's xen.gz next
releases appart citrix and netbsd)

Also, for your windows-hvm project, you might have poor windows
performance unless you find some driver pack.  I'm wondering if those
work on NetBSD (why not since, I guess, those are talking to xen, not
the dom0) :

a free one,
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2008-03/msg00905.html
novell's one,
http://www.novell.com/products/vmdriverpack/ &
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=1hw8rIc4fwM~

Precisely, for Windows XP, you need to Press F5 when it says to Press F6
for additional drivers, then select "Standard PC".

Anyways don't expect great desktop experience even with sdl=1 + the
raptoison window manager to get it in full screen (I've tryed that on
rhel powered laptop).

Pierre-Philipp Braun