Re: NetBSD/Xen How to - suggestions

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 05:43:25PM +0200, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> >It looks like the html isn't up to date. The XML source has a note about
> >grub limitation, that impose restrictions on the root filesystem
> >(smaller than 512Mb, formatted as FFSv1, 8k block/1k fragments).
>
> I have 20 GB root file system here...

Yes, it can work. It depends on where the file blocks are placed in
the filesystem.
The first time I ran into this, I also has a / of several GB, and the first
Xen install worked. Then, after updating the /netbsd kernel several times,
grub started refusing loading it, while it could still load /netbsd.old.
After several tests, including copying back /netbsd.old to /netbsd, the
only difference was the filesystem blocks. /netbsd.old had only low block
numbers, while /netbsd had some blocks near the end the filesystem ...

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost