Re: amd64 4Gb RAM, NetBSD (HEAD) XEN3_DOM0

Etienne wrote:
Selon Jan Knepper <jan%digitaldaemon.com@localhost>:

Hello,

However, after login the terminal settings seems to be bogus:
<Backspace> and other keys that make life easy for command line editing
do not seem to work well.

What shell do you have ?

/bin/sh

On the similar hardware, with the 200801190002Z/amd64 snapshot, I have the
following behaviour: In /bin/sh, the backspace key works produces rubbish like
"<-]<-]K" (control ?) characters. In /bin/ksh, it works ok. But in both shells,
the output of a man page is full of the aforementioned characters, and the shell
needs a "reset" thereafter. Because of the same symptoms, vi becomes unusable.

That sounds more or less exactly as what I was experiencing...
The system has been started with "console=pc" on the GrUB command-line.

Don't know if it's related, but I have some error messages in the init process
that do _not_ appear when the system is started with the Generic-kernel and not
in the XEN3_DOM0/Xen environment:

wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured
savecore: can't find device 3945/406896

Those I do not recall, but they could have been there.
getty[380]:/dev/ttyE2: Device not configured
getty[394]:/dev/ttyE1: Device not configured
getty[399]:/dev/ttyE3: Device not configured

Something like that I do recall seeing.

Thanks!
Jan