Re: Newbie question about amd64 Xen Dom0

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 11:37:18AM -0400, Ernesto Bascon wrote:
> My wd1a is ffsv1 with 16k block size.
> I will install everything on a 8k block size partition again.
>
> Anyway, do you recommend creating a partition mounted in /grub?

No, because grub also has to be able to read /xen.gz and /netbsd
So make sure your / is small enough, grub also has problems with
large filesystems :(. I use something like 100 to 500M for /, and
have other filesystems (at last /usr).

> Another question, reading,
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems
>
> I've seen that FFS supports a 4GB file size as maximum.
> Is that correct?

No, what we call FFS in NetBSD seems to be called UFS1 in the above table.