Re: Weird console problem on domU

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 06:15:57PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Has anyone seen a strange problem where domUs stop mid-boot and complain
> about garbage passed to the single-user shell, evidently the result of all
> the kernel's console output being treated as console _input_?

I've seen this up to xen-3.0.4; it seems to have gone away in 3.1.0.
I think it's an interraction between Xen's code and our pseudo-tty:
when the xen console opens the salve ptty, but before it's ready to
read from it, the daemon on the master side reads back what it did write.
At the time I did look at this I didn't find a way to avoid this, but I'm no
tty expert ...