Issues with ACPI/APIC and HVM on Tecra M5

Hi:

My environment: NetBSD 4.0 RC2 with Xen 3.1 (tools and kernel)

I am trying to get Xen installed on a Toshiba Tecra M5 laptop. I have
been playing with NetBSD and Xen for a couple of weeks and have been
able to resolve most of the issues by searching the mail archives and
the web. But I have run into issues related to acpi/apic and hvm.

First I had to set acpi=off and --noapic on the grub command and then
using the -c boot flag had to pass "disable acpi" and "disable ioapic"
to get Xen to boot.  My GENERIC.MP kernel boots fine without any
problems but the Xen kernel is having issues. Any suggestions? Anyone
else experince this and how did they resolve this?

The second issue I have is trying to run an HVM guest. The guest runs
but I don't see any SDL window. I was wondering if anyone on this list
has sucessfully booted Windows XP on an HVM and if so they would be
kind enough to provide some snippets of their config file and some
share some wisdom on addressing some of this.

I am a little bit new at this so any direction would be helpful. What
log files do I have to keep an eye on and share with the list so that
I can provide better insight in this the next I have to post
something.

Thanks in advance.

_D