Subject: Re: XEN 3 on NetBSD 4 as Dom0
To: Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman@gmail.com>
From: Kuruvai Kuruvai <kuruvai@sbcglobal.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 10/08/2007 10:36:21
--0-560637291-1191864981=:53504

Hi Sam:=0A=0AI am trying to do this exact thing. I am a FreeBSD user as wel=
l and am investigating on how to run Xen 3.0 and Windows XP under it. I am =
running on an Intel T7200 Core 2 Processor as well. I got a simple setup to=
 work on a spare system and I am installing on my laptop as we speak. I hav=
e read through many different HowTos and searched through the email archive=
s and have compiled some info on how to set it up. It should be alo of help=
 to you. I will post it here later today - once I can reboot into my domain=
0 without any issues. =0A=0A=0A-Kuruvai=0A=0APS: I have been able to boot X=
en 3.0.3 and not Xen 3.1. There seems to be some issues but I will play it =
safe for now.=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Sam Fourman Jr. <sfo=
urman@gmail.com>=0ATo: port-xen@netbsd.org=0ASent: Monday, October 8, 2007 =
11:31:56 AM=0ASubject: XEN 3 on NetBSD 4 as Dom0=0A=0Ahello all,=0A=0AI am =
unsure if this is the correct list for this question, is there a=0Ahow-to o=
r a wiki that explains the steps that I could use to install=0ANetBSD 4 RC2=
 and setup XEN as dom0=0A=0AI have a Intel Quadcore CPU so I assume that I =
should use amd64 port?=0A=0AI have never installed NetBSD before however I =
have been using FreeBSD=0Afor 2 years and I am pretty comfortable with Qemu=
, I am looking to=0Amove to NetBSD only because I am hoping Xen 3 dom0 can =
run 4 seprate=0AWindows XP Professional installs st once.=0A=0A=0AThank you=
 for any help=0A=0ASam Fourman Jr.=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A
--0-560637291-1191864981=:53504

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><div style=3D"font-family: times new roman,new york,times,s=
erif; font-size: 12pt;">Hi Sam:<br><br>I am trying to do this exact thing. =
I am a FreeBSD user as well and am investigating on how to run Xen 3.0 and =
Windows XP under it. I am running on an Intel T7200 Core 2 Processor as wel=
l. I got a simple setup to work on a spare system and I am installing on my=
 laptop as we speak. I have read through many different HowTos and searched=
 through the email archives and have compiled some info on how to set it up=
. It should be alo of help to you. I will post it here later today - once I=
>PS: I have been able to boot Xen 3.0.3 and not Xen 3.1. There seems to be =
some issues but I will play it safe for now.<br><br><div
 style=3D"font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif; font-size: 12p=
t;">----- Original Message ----<br>From: Sam Fourman Jr. &lt;sfourman@gmail=
.com&gt;<br>To: port-xen@netbsd.org<br>Sent: Monday, October 8, 2007 11:31:=
 am unsure if this is the correct list for this question, is there a<br>how=
-to or a wiki that explains the steps that I could use to install<br>NetBSD=
 4 RC2 and setup XEN as dom0<br><br>I have a Intel Quadcore CPU so I assume=
 that I should use amd64 port?<br><br>I have never installed NetBSD before =
however I have been using FreeBSD<br>for 2 years and I am pretty comfortabl=
e with Qemu, I am looking to<br>move to NetBSD only because I am hoping Xen=
 3 dom0 can run 4 seprate<br>Windows XP Professional installs st once.<br><=
--0-560637291-1191864981=:53504--