Subject: xen-tools: usable nearly w/o patches in pkgsrc
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@gmx.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 10/01/2007 10:49:42
Hi!

I have brought all xen-tool patches from pkgsrc upstream. I also have taken
some qemu fixes from OpenBSDs ports and brought them upstream.
Additionally I made libfsimage and libaio building.

There three remaining things to make a "gmake" run through w/o disabling
them. The three things are:

- blktap
- xenmon
- xentrace

For short, the upcoming Xen 3.2 (both kernel and tools) will completely build
and work with this three tools disabled/deactivated.

The three remaining tools need some larger rework to make them portable.
To make this possible in time for Xen 3.2, I need some help.

For those NetBSD users/developers, who want to help me,
install devel/mercurial from pkgsrc and then fetch the source with:

hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/staging/xen-unstable.hg/

Christoph