Re: xen-3.1.0 and dom0 problems with /dev/ksyms

Christoph Egger wrote:
On Monday 16 July 2007 14:46:27 Juraj Hercek wrote:
Christoph Egger wrote:
I've used custom one, not the XEN3_DOM0 one from NetBSD
distribution (everything built from NetBSD current updated on July 1st).

I also build my own Dom0 kernel. But that doesn't matter, because this does
not change the fact that symtab is NULL in init386() in sys/arch/xen/i386/machdep.c, line 1982.
Nod.
I think, the libelf work done in the hypervisor by linux distributors
broke bsd. BSD_SYMTAB is no longer handled correctly.
The elf_load_binary() function in xen/common/libelf/libelf-loader.c in
the hypervisor is the responsible one which loads the Dom0 image.
I see, hopefully the fix will be included in next xen hypervisor release.

Well, first write one. The xen patch may not break Linux to get accepted.
But xen patches may break BSD to get accepted... somewhat unfair IMO :-(
Well, while there are more linux xen users than *BSD ones, we cant' do much about it...

--Juraj