Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/28/2007 22:44:20
   On Jun 28, 15:36, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
   > Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
   > On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:31:54PM +0900, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
   > > 1st problem: I'm not sure when this started but the latest
   > >   NetBSD DomU runs slower.  Here is a simple benchmark
   > >   result.  The benchmark is to run mkid several times under
   > >   20070624's sys directory and pick one generally good time
   > >   from results.
   >
   > Where do you get mkid ? The only reference to it that I found is in
   > dist/file/magic/magdir/ ...

It's a part of idutils package, devel/idutils.  This mkid
parses all .c, .h, .s files and creates a tag file named
'ID'.  It is not a benchmark program but it acceses files
and it spends about 10 secs once files are cached on 512M
memory allocated for DomU.  I'm not sure it is suitable to
evaluate the system or not for our case, though.  It was
just handy.  ;-)

-- Kazushi
It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be
coming up it.
		-- Henry Allen