Subject: Re: latest dom0 can't findroot
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Marcin M.Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/28/2007 10:46:25
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:55:45 +1000, Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
wrote:
> I wanted to try a new dom0 kernel with manuel's latest interrupt
> changes; they sounded promising for the hvm KASSERT issue.
>
> Unfortunately, the new kernel can't find its root/boot device.  Even
> when I explicitly give it "wd0a" at the kernel's post-autoconf prompt
> (the one you get for boot -a), it prompts for the init path then
> panics because of missing /dev/console.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I just booted recent domU kernel from a few mins ago and I can see it
too
with NetBSD 4.99.21 (it works fine with 4.99.20 ).
It did not want to boot before I manually typed in root device and chose
dump device and file system.

timecounter: Timecounter "xen_system_time" frequency 1000000000 Hz quality
10000
xenbus0: using event channel 1
xbd0 at xenbus0 id 3: Xen Virtual Block Device Interface
xbd0: using event channel 5
xennet0 at xenbus0 id 0: Xen Virtual Network Interface
xennet0: MAC address aa:00:00:50:02:b3
xennet0: using event channel 6
unknown type console at xenbus0 id 0 not configured
xbd0: 20024 MB, 512 bytes/sect x 41009152 sectors
boot device: <unknown>
root device: Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003,
2004, 2005,
use one of: xbd0[a-p] xennet0 halt reboot
root device:
root device: /dev/xbd0a
use one of: xbd0[a-p] xennet0 halt reboot
root device: xbd0a
dump device (default xbd0b):
file system (default generic):
root on xbd0a dumps on xbd0b
unknown type console at xenbus0 id 0 not configured
unknown type console at xenbus0 id 0 not configured
root file system type: ffs
init path (default /sbin/init):
init: trying /sbin/init
Wed Jun 20 23:29:54 GMT 2007
swapctl: adding /dev/xbd0b as swap device at priority 0
Checking for botched superblock upgrades: done.
Starting file system checks:

etc...