Re: xen 3.1.0 is there

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 11:14:33AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 11:32:23PM +0200, Mark Weinem wrote:
> >
> > btw, what's on your actual roadmap about Xen?
>
> My next big item is Xen on amd64. But I've not really started looking at it
> yet.

Perhaps a bit smaller, and perhaps just as useful ...

I hear that a AMD64/64-bit Xen 3.1 hypervisor can now run 32-bit
(but only PAE-enabled ones AIUI) domUs.  So, while I don't have
hardware that can make use of PAE, I can see how some VPS providers
would be more willing to consider NetBSD domUs if they could run
them on their current platform (be it IA-32+PAE or AMD64).
And really, I don't need a 64-bit domU, at least not yet.

But, now that I think about it, having a NetBSD/amd64+xen dom0
for development of this might be handy too.  Whatever, it's all
progress.

        Jonathan Kollasch