Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
To: Kazushi Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/20/2007 12:39:38
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:16:01AM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:38:44AM +0900, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
> >    > This would mean something disabled interrupts between copyout() and
> >    > pmap_load() and failed to reenable them, but I didn't find anything obvious.
> >    > copyout() itself doesn't call pmap_load() so there's probably a trap in
> >    > between that isn't shown by ddb.
> >
> > Thanks.  I think this is very minor bug since only few of us
> > are having this problem.
>
> That puzzles me too. I wonder if it's something specific to a
> particular driver we use that others don't?  Shall we compare kernel

Note that I've done only very limited tests with current; I've done
most of my work on netbsd-4 (and then "backported" it to current;
but it was only a one-line change in kernel sources).
I'll try to get one of my systems up to current and see if I can
reproduce it. The fact that we can't run a current kernel on netbsd-4
because of the pthread issues makes it more difficult to test both ...