Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/20/2007 18:38:22
Hi Daniel,

   On Jun 20, 11:16, Daniel Carosone wrote:
   > Subject: Re: xen 3.1 problem (Re: xen 3.1.0 is there)
   >
   > On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:38:44AM +0900, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
   > > > This would mean something disabled interrupts between copyout() and
   > > > pmap_load() and failed to reenable them, but I didn't find anything
   > > > obvious.  copyout() itself doesn't call pmap_load() so there's
   > > >  probably a trap in between that isn't shown by ddb.
   > >
   > > Thanks.  I think this is very minor bug since only few of us
   > > are having this problem.
   >
   > That puzzles me too. I wonder if it's something specific to a
   > particular driver we use that others don't?  Shall we compare kernel
   > configs?  Mine's attached.  The only things I'm using that might be
   > unusual for hardware + drivers are:

I'm using the default XEN3_DOM0.  I didn't change anything.

On the other hand, I'm using Core Solo T2300 on GIGABYTE
GA-8I945GMMFY-RH (minor Intel 945GM motherboard).  I was
thinking this minor motherboard/chipset/core is causing the
problem.

In addition, I'm using 3ware 9500 (raid card) and Intel 100M
ether card on this motherboard.

   >  - cgd
   >  - bce (the special limited dma mapping)
   >
   > While it's a great idea to do the binary date search looking for a
   > culprit change, I suspect you'll hit the big merge as the culprit, and
   > then it would help to have something else to direct the search.

Yep.  It will happen.  I just thought finding a date doesn't
spend much time since I have not enough time in week day to
understand how kernel works and search the problem.  ;-)

If you have something to know about my configuration or a
modified kernel to try, please let me know.

-- Kazushi
Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I
ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
		-- Steven Wright