Re: grub/Xen2 and having SCSI and SATA disks

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:11:10 am Christoph Badura wrote:

> > > What works for your?
> >
> > It properly probes ld(4)
>
> So, you invoke just plain "grub --no-floppy" and it probes the ld(4) disks
> that the kernel knows about?  I don't believe you.  Because there is no
> code in lib/device.c that opens an ld(4) device.

I believe he was referring to the bootdev parameter working. I require the
bootdev parameter to avoid the detection/use of the occasional USB drive
being left inserted prior to boot.

There is definitely a preferred order (or lack of preference) and the bootdev
parameter prevents this being an issue.

Sarton