Re: 5/20 NetBSD Xen HVM 3.0.4 crashed

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 10:46:33PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 05:04:02PM +0900, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > FYI, 5/20 NetBSD as DOM0 Xen 3.0.4 with HVM crashed whenever
> > I tried to start HVM (actually trying to start WinXP).

I'm seeing the same thing, though I don't know when it started - for a
variety of reasons it had been a while since I'd last used HVM..  I
can run normal xen domU's just fine, but some moments after starting a
HVM domU I get a panic.

It's tripping the KASSERT(read_psl == 0) at pmap.c:2189.  Call path is
sys_select -> copyout -> pmap_load with qemu-dm as the calling
process.

> I also get the mmapbatch: remap error but it
> doesn't prevent my DomUs from running.

Me too, and I have done for a long time, regardless of this panic.

--
Dan.