Subject: Re: installing into RAID-1: HOWTO and example
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Luke S. Crawford <lsc@prgmr.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/19/2007 14:34:39
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>> However, my question is what would happen if I add more memory to the
>> machine. I.e. if I boost it to 8GB would I still only get 3.25GB for
>> Xen or would I get 7.25GB not having to bother about the hole in the
>> middle?
>
> NetBSD/Xen is still 32bits, so it's limited to 4GB.

Hosting providers want to run NetBSD XenUs on either 32-bit PAE or 64-bit
Xen Dom0s;  quite often, it doesn't make much sense to split up a box with
less than 4GB ram.

Are there plans to make NetBSD-xen work on 64-bit platforms?

alternately, I have read  the 32-PAE on 64 support for Xen 3.0.5 is
supposed to be nice;  any word if that will support 32 non-PAE guests?
that would be good enough for me.