Re: Basic questions

On 21/03/07, Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 07:10:07PM -0400, Ernesto Bascon wrote:
> 1. NetBSD 4 beta supports Xen 3 as dom0 on AMD64 architectures natively?

No, NetBSD's Xen support is i386-only at the moment.

What a pity! :(

> 2. Am I able to run unmodified OSes?

Yes, that works fine.

Nice!

> (e.g. Windows) on NetBSD 4 beta as domU on AMD64s that supports
> hardware virtualization?

Does any stable version of Xen already support that? The initial
release only support Intel's VT instruction set.

As far as I know, Xen 3.0.3 supports hardware virtualization on AMD
Pacifica processors; but I do not know if it is stable enough.

Regards,

Ernestro