Subject: grub "Error 3" and small partitions
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: david l goodrich <dlg@dsrw.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/03/2007 18:32:42
--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

Hi, I have a problem that's been dealt with in the past here:
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/port-xen/2006/11/04/0010.html

I'm getting the same error when I try to boot the xen.gz kernel -
"Error 3: Bad or corrupt data while decompressing file"

The solution seems to be to make a small /, and set the block
size to 8k, and fragment size to 1k.

This has solved the problem for me, on other hardware, in the past.
This time, it didn't have any effect.

This is a Pentium D 3ghz (dual core), running NetBSD 4.0_BETA2
=66rom 20070225.

/ is on a raid mirror, is 2GB in size, and has block and fragment=20
sizes of 8k and 1k respectively.

The grub install seems alright, I'm able to run grub with this
configuration:
  root (hd0,0)
  chainloader +1

and get the NetBSD bootloader.

Does anyone have any advice on this?  Thanks.
  --david

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--