Subject: Re: Netbsd DomU daily-08.01.2007-crashes
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Anzi <anzi@dnainternet.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/10/2007 11:10:11
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:01:36PM +0200, Anzi wrote:
>

>>OK,
>>
>>I thought that if I download kernel from current I get the fixed version
>>from Manuel (in xbd_xenbus.c 1.16)
>>Apparently it is not so?
>>

>your kernel is from 20061025, long before I commited the fix

oh, I thought that fix was for the DOMU kernel. Is the current DOM0 /
DOMU kernel good for production use (I think server will not be under
high load)?
This far it has worked pretty well for with linux domU.

>>So where to download kernel that has the fix applied?
>>

>I don't think the autobuild cluster has generated one yet. You'll have
>to build one yourself, or wait for the next build in NetBSD-daily from
>HEAD or netbsd-4 (I think the next ones from netbsd-3 or netbsd-3-1 will have
>it too)

I don't know bsd (auto)build system yet, but I found also from
http://freshbsd.org/ that your fix has not been pulled up to current.
I think I'll try compiling the kernel myself (havent done that for
netbsd yet..)

thanks for your replies!