Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> When I boot, though, I get this:
>
> com0 at acpi0 (PNP0501-1)
> com0: io 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4
> com0: com probe failed
> com1 at acpi0 (PNP0501-2)
> com1: io 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3
> com1: ns16550a, working fifo
>
> I don't know why com0 is failing, unless perhaps it's because there's a

When I had problems with com0 and XEN2, Manuel told me

  Most ISA devices should work on dom0; com ports definitively works.
  com0 is not in the default config file, because when it's used as serial
  console it's claimed by Xen, and trying to configure it in dom0 wedges
  the whole system (but other com devices are available for dom0). If
  you're using VGA console it should work.

> cable going to it.  com1 is just a header on the motherboard.  (I also
> can't figure out how to configure the floppy, since including get gets
> link-time errors about a missing interrupt routine, but since I doubt
> I'll ever actually use a floppy on this machine I don't really care.)

I do not know about your errors from the linker but you cannot use fdc on
the ISA bus because our driver requires DMA. At least in XEN2 this is not
supported. A floppy connected through USB should work.

ciao
     Klaus