Re: Xen, VT, and RAID

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:46:23 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> > Now I'm very confused -- I thought that I had to use an entire fdisk
> > partition -- i.e., more or less a part of a raw disk -- for VT-type
> > Xen domUs.
>
> No, you can use the same kind of storage as for non-VT guests: a
> physical partition or a file
>
> >  Or are you saying make that fdisk partition a RAID1 on both
> > drives?
>
> Yes, that's what I meant. But it's not the only choise.

Hmm -- ok.  There's a fair chance I'm going to stick with the fdisk
partition anyway, to let me boot FreeBSD in native mode, but I'll see.
(FreeBSD has better IPMI support; if I need to get at it at that level,
I'd need FreeBSD.  Hmm -- I wonder.  I can assign the PCI ports to the
FreeBSD domU; maybe that would work.  Hmm...  (The right solution is
for me to port the FreeBSD driver to NetBSD, but I'm not sure I'll have
time to do that before putting the machine into production.))