Subject: Re: linux domU's and partitioning
To: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/04/2006 23:22:38
   On Dec 4, 23:58, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
   > Subject: Re: linux domU's and partitioning
   >
   > Has anyone here accomplished this without hvm? I haven't used hvm but
   > I assume it would function in a similar way to using an install kernel.

It is possible to create install kernel for Linux (actually,
it is not the kernel like NetBSD.  It is a ramdisk for
installation).  However, Linux is required to create such
ramdisk.  Bah.

Following page describes how to create ramdisk for Linux
installation for Xen DomU.

  http://emmeff.blogspot.com/2006/07/howto-install-opensuse-10.html

I made ramdisk for SUSE Linux 10.1 using this method.  Then,
I could install SUSE Linux 10.1 using this ramdisk,
extracted kernel and a DVD.iso image file into a Linux disk
image file mounted as a drive (0x300) without any problems.

-- Kazushi
The sooner all the animals are dead, the sooner we'll find their
money.
		-- Ed Bluestone, "The National Lampoon"