Subject: Re: XEN3_DOM0 kernel config in the NetBSD 3.1
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Pawel Chwalowski <chwalek@poczta.onet.pl>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/09/2006 17:48:05
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 07:02:47AM +1000, Toe Cutter wrote:
>> Apparently, if you want XEN3 dom0, you have to follow -current.
>>
>> Putting the XEN3_DOM0 file (minimal CVS diffs suggested that it might
>> work) into a 3.1 src/sys/ tree, you get all sorts of errors when
>> attempting to config the kernel.  I am now in the process of
>> following -current......
>
> netbsd-3 doesn't support Xen3 dom0 operations, and there's no plan to
> pullup the support. The first release to support Xen3 dom0 will be
> NetBSD 4.0

Thank you for the strict information. It was not precisely specified in
the NetBSD/xen Howto ("There aren't much changes in Xen installation and
config files between Xen2 and Xen3 beyond installing xentools30 and
xenkernel30 instead of the 20 ones)".
I think I will stay with Xen2 and the NetBSD-stable.

PCh