Subject: Re: XEN3 DOMU troubles
To: Mike Sun <msun@bluespot.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/05/2006 20:24:37
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:52:03PM -0500, Mike Sun wrote:
> I've also noticed that in my dmesg output, these lines appear when I
> and create a guest domain and it fails:
>
> xvif3.0: Ethernet address 00:16:3e:01:00:11
> vnd0: dos partition I/O error
> xbd backend: attach device vnd0d (size 4194306) for domain 3
>
> Anybody know what that "dos partition I/O error" is?

It's because the kernel tries to read a i386-style DOS partitition table,
and a disklabel and can't find them on a virgin disklabel. This should not
be an issue. Hum, this message could also be because the file is sparse;
make sure your file doesn't have holes (if you created it with dd,
it should not be the case).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>