Re: Xen and Raidframe

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

The third (and I think most-used) option is to run the software RAID in the
dom0 and provide each domU with a block device on the RAID (e.g. raid0g).
The only challenge then (as well is with option two) is to teach GRUB, but
this has been discussed on this list before.

You only need to teach grub about your boot disks; I use a compact flash card as my boot disk- it's on a cf->IDE adaptor so nothing special for grub. After the system boots, it brings up the raid for the DomUs.