Re: Xen

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 01:59:58AM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> Hi there,
> Where I work we use NetBSD 3.0/386 and we have decided to convert one of
> our boxes to Xen to run Debian Linux as an unprivileged domain. Ive
> converted the box to Domain0 so far. But I have no idea how to install
> Debian Linux or any other Linux distribution for that matter. I dont
> have time to do much research/never used Xen before. I will do an
> in-depth research once we get the virtual debian server up.
>
> Can someone write up a simple step-by-step how to for me what to do now
> to get Debian running as quick as possible?

This is not a NetBSD-specific issue.  There are a good number of guides
on the web.

IIRC I've used
http://www.option-c.com/xwiki/Create_a_Debian_VM_with_debootstrap
before.

That being said, nothing could be simpler than a NetBSD/xen sysinst.
The Linux distros are really lacking in this.

        Jonathan Kollasch