Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Netbsd XEN nothing I can boot in]
To: Ivan Vari <i.vari@niwa.co.nz>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/18/2006 16:33:13
On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:16:46AM +1200, Ivan Vari wrote:
> Hi Thor,
>
> >Why are you running newfs on the block device instead of the raw device?
>
> Because I have Linux dom0 and I can't format the raw device with it AFAIK.

I don't understand what you mean.  If you are running newfs under Linux,
what does this problem have to do with NetBSD at all?

If you are running newfs under NetBSD, you should use the raw device; what
operating system you are running in domain 0 has nothing to do with how you
should operate a NetBSD domain U.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart