Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Netbsd XEN nothing I can boot in]
To: None <i.vari@niwa.co.nz>
From: Sarton O'Brien <sobrien@roguewrt.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/18/2006 18:19:52
On Monday 18 September 2006 18:07, Ivan Vari wrote:
> One thing I noticed though and it's I/O related. Extracting pkgsrc under
> /usr stopped several times. It looked like crashed but eventually it
> didn't. I use FFSv2 and softdep is enabled. I have also exported a 30GB
> LVM managed block device into my VM for squid cache. It's xbd1e after
> labelling. The newfs -i 2 -O 1 /dev/xbd1e has been running for 5 hours
> and I have no idea why it's taking so long...? I'm using real chunks of
> my real storage not a file backend. Is it normal?

Is it running continuously or is it stalling? I had possibly the same problem.
Starting and stopping xentop made it move faster for some reason.

I'm pretty sure one of the "noapic acpi=off nosmp" options fixed it.

Manuel, is it possible the domu requires these features to be disabled under a
linux dom0?

Sarton