Subject: Re: Netbsd XEN nothing I can boot in
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Ivan Vari <i.vari@niwa.co.nz>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/15/2006 14:46:11
> I'm not sure it's NetBSD, or if it's an issue with the way this box reports
> its memory and Xen. The NetBSD kernel trusts what Xen tells him about useable
> memory.

Thanks for the explanation Manuel. Some more problems though...
I have my first 3.1RC2 candidate running, nothing special. Strictly
minimal install, no games, X11 on 10GB LVM for xbd0a. Everything is on
separated slice inside of the block device 1GB /home, 4GB /usr, 512M /,
2Gb /var, 2GB /tmp,  1GB swap and 64M for mfs.

I followed the howto from wiki.xensource.com and copied across the xbd*
and rxbd* devices after install as suggested.

Now after I boot the VM in (using the netbsd-XEN3_DOMU kernel now) I can
log in but the VM stops responding after round about 5 minutes. Whatever
I do it happens after 5 min no excuse.

On another console logged into the dom0 xm top shows that the allocated
512M is being chewed up, the CPU is 100%. Because of this my desktop is
also becoming non responsive and starts swapping like nuts. Obviously I
log into the dom0 via ssh and start the VM from there but it should not
be an issue I suppose.

Any idea what is causing it? I just simply can't finish editing my
rc.conf...

Thanks
Ivan