Subject: Re: isolated "internal" network?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/14/2006 16:34:43
--Ll0BBk1HBk/f94B0

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 10:23:41AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>=20
> I'm thinking that something should read any packets that end up
> getting sent and discard them; this feels cleaner than having them
> fill up in a queue and get dropped.

Sent by whom?  A tap device that is not opened is like an unconnected
Ethernet device.  The fact that it is bridged to another only means
that you have a permanent MAC address, as well as an IP address if
you wish, on that bridge.

It's really no different to having an additional, unconnected Ethernet
device in the system.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--Ll0BBk1HBk/f94B0

--Ll0BBk1HBk/f94B0--