Re: isolated "internal" network?

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 07:50:46AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Why do you need to bridge to another interface at all?  On my dom0
> box, I have fxp0 and xvifN.0 for 3 values of N.  In my case, I have
> them all bridged, and the xvifNs do not have addresses.  But you could
> just put an address on one of those in your private segment and
> routing should work.

You mean I can give an IP to one of the xvif interfaces and use that?
Hmm, that looks like a pain to setup automatically at boot.  And if that
particular domU goes down, I have to reconfigure my dom0 to continue to
communicate with the other domU's over the private LAN...  Not ideal.

> Probably lo(4) needs bridge support, and adding that would be the right
> thing really.

That looks like the most elegant solution (already suggested by Florian)
but doesn't work ATM.

        Geert